Alright Guys, now that Retaliate is out, I’m going to teach you guys the new Meta for the game. Some of the abilities mentioned are not released yet but I’ll just add them in first.
What is Retaliate?
Retaliate causes all normal Physical attacks to miss (the character with the buff) and counter attack the enemies (Damage depends on the character’s Attack).
The Retaliate Meta is where all other characters attack the character with Retaliate buff on (usually with Double Cut) so that the character will counter attack on the enemies.
The benefit of this build is so that weaker team mates will be able to pull off a higher damage due to the buff.
Who to Equip
Currently, there are only 3 characters that can equip Retaliate; Cloud, Sephiroth and Cyan.
Cyan – 130 Attack at lvl 65
Cloud – 140 Attack at lvl 65
Sephiroth – 153 Attack at lvl 65
Naturally, you will want to use this build on the Highest Attack character. You have to take into consideration of the Weapon, Armor and Bracer Synergy buff.
Weapon and Armor Synergy:
Lv 1-4 = +15
Lv 5-9 = +20
Lv 10-14 = +30
Lv 15-19 = +40
Lv 20-24 = +50
Lv 25-29 = +60
Lv 30 = +70
Character Level + 10
Stats addition will roughly be as follow:
Attack/Defense – +20
Magic/Mnd/Resist – +10
HP – + 600~800
After picking your retaliate character, get the following skills buff your character’s attack.
1. Boost – 1.5x Increase damage
2. Haste – Speed up
3. STRUP – 1.6x increase physical damage (In future)
1. Main Attacker – Cloud/Sephiroth/Cyan
2. Main Healer
3. 3 Support equipped with Double Cut and other debuffs.
1. Attacker – cast Retaliate
2. Support 1 – Buff (Boost, Haste)
3. Support 2 – Buff (Reflect/Protectra/Regen/Shellra)
4. Support 3 – Debuff (Armor Break/Paralyze/Silence/Blind)
5. Healer – Heal or Buff
6. All characters to gank your Main Attacker.
7. Tweak the rotation during Boss battles